SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2005

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 16:29:40 -0600
Michael,

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Michael Mansour wrote:

> Hi,

> > > This raises another question: Why is [rhaps] included in the
> > > repositories (*.repo files) and [rhaps2] is not ?
> > >
> > > Mitja
> > >

> > Because rhaps2 did not exist until a little while ago.  It is there now.
> >
> > -connie
>
> Appologies for the thread hijacking, but I'd like to get into and test RHAPS,
> so I'm wondering whether you supply ISO's for it or just the RPM's?
>
> I noticed on Red Hat's site they have both, but not knowing too much about the
> product I'm wondering with SL4, is it as easy as just setting up the [rhaps2]
> yum repo for an SL4 machine and installing the packages required? (so it just

This is the only way I have tried it.  Well actually rhaps.

> plugs in on top of a SL4 install) or does one actually need the ISO to install
> from that?

I do not think one needs to use the iso.  It is available on
ftp.scientificlinux.org because we mirror the enterprise directory from
redhat.

ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/redhat/enterprise/4/en/RHAPS2/

We just include it in the scientific tree to make the yum access easier.

> Thanks.
>
> Michael.

-Connie Sieh