SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2005

From:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 08:07:34 +1000
Hi,

> > > RedHat Aplication Server - that they released going along with
> > > Enterprise 3

> > > RedHat Application Server - that they released going along with
> > > Enterprise 4
> >
> > This raises another question: Why is [rhaps] included in the
> > repositories (*.repo files) and [rhaps2] is not ?
> >
> > Mitja
> >

> Because rhaps2 did not exist until a little while ago.  It is there now.
>
> -connie

Appologies for the thread hijacking, but I'd like to get into and test RHAPS,
so I'm wondering whether you supply ISO's for it or just the RPM's?

I noticed on Red Hat's site they have both, but not knowing too much about the
product I'm wondering with SL4, is it as easy as just setting up the [rhaps2]
yum repo for an SL4 machine and installing the packages required? (so it just
plugs in on top of a SL4 install) or does one actually need the ISO to install
from that?

Thanks.

Michael.