SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2005

From:
Luke Scharf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luke Scharf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:27:04 -0500
This is slightly offtopic, but does anyone know how to automatically
convert fom an OpenOffice Impress document into an EPS automatically
from the command line?  Kind of an sxi2eps program?

Currently, I'm writing some documentation (in LaTeX) for my network, and
I have the following lines in my Makefile to automatically update the
Dia drawings that are part of the document:

    %.eps:%.dia
            dia $< --export-to-format=eps --export=$@

    %.pdf:%.eps
            epstopdf --outfile=$@ $<

I'd love to be able to do the same things with OO.o slides, and
spreadsheets, and other widgets...

Thanks!
-Luke

--
Luke Scharf, Systems Administrator
Virginia Tech Aerospace and Ocean Engineering