SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

November 2005

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:30:29 -0600
Stijn,

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Stijn De Weirdt wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i am looking for documentation to add reiserfs and xfs to the
> installation procedure.
> apparently anaconda supports reiserfs and xfs, but the mkfs tools are

You will need to add code to anaconda too.  It only partially supports xfs
and reiserfs.

Dan Yocum([log in to unmask]) had added the code needed for xfs to this "site"
of Scientific Linux.  Thus the patches you need have been added to
anaconda in this tree.

ftp://ftp/scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/302/i386/sites/XFS/

> not in the default images and also the necessary kernel modules are not
> there.
> what i planned to do was to add the necessary tools and modules to the
> netstg2.img file (we only plan network based install).
> default sl305 uses the 2.4.21-32.0.1BOOT kernel, but the source of this
> kernel doesn't contain the XFS patches, so i would also need that. (i
> tried looking for source packages for the XFS modules, but couldn't find
> any)

Kernels with XFS patches are available from

ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/30x/contrib/RPMS/xfs/

> any help is more than welcome.
>
> stijn

-Connie Sieh