SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

November 2005

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Nov 2005 08:51:27 +0000
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Connie Sieh wrote:

> This is expected to be released tomorrow.  Please test.

I've just been pulling over the ia32 42 tree to test scripts on it
(adding local packages and generating an installable tree -- one day I'll
switch this stuff to become a "Site").

During a run of pkgorder I get a few errors:

* Compatibility Arch Development Support references package compat-libstdc++-32 which doesn't exist
* Compatibility Arch Support references package compat-libgcc-32 which doesn't exist
* Compatibility Arch Support references package compat-libstdc++-32 which doesn't exist
* GNOME Software Development references package gob2 which doesn't exist
* Graphical Internet references package j2sdk which doesn't exist
PRI 0: Thu Nov 24 08:40:00 GMT 2005: there were (unexpected) errors from pkgorder!

I expect that the compat*-32 ones are only relevant on 64bit arch with
32bit compatability, and I know that j2sdk is missing because it (earlier)
fails to pass the sig-check (and I know you can't fix it).

I've no idea what gob2 is for or why it is listed under Gnome software
development.  I can't see a srpm in The Vendor's trees, though
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/gob2/ exists.  Was gob2 intended to be
included from somewhere like this?

Still this beats the 670 errors I get for the same step on a 305 tree...

With luck I might actually get round to testing installing the tree this
week.

  -- Jon