SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

November 2005

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:16:10 -0600
Changes were made to make it easier for us and the mirrors when new
releases were made.  In the past the SRPMS directory was moved to the
"new" release directory.  This of course means that all the mirrors have
to remove all the old SRPMS and download them again as rsync/lftp did not
know that we just moved the directory.  Now SRPMS will live permanently in
4x/SRPMS/ .  I have also moved errata/obsolete/ and errata/debuginfo to
4x/archives/ .  This was done to errata/obsolete/ and errata/debuginfo/ as
it was in the same situation as SRPMS was.  Now SRPMS, debuginfo, obsolete
will only get new files and will not move each release.

This new tree structure also allows for different "levels" to be under 4x.
For example i386 and x86_64 will point to the 42 tree while ia64 will
point to the 41 tree.

Sorry for this but I believe that this is a better design.  Thanks to the
users who found the old tree to be confusing and made me think about ways
to make it better.

-Connie Sieh
-Troy Dawson