SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

October 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:01:32 -0600
Hello,
As I was looking at the yum.cron, getting ready for S.L. 4.2 I saw that
... well ... it was looking pretty ugly, especially the part that builds
the temporary yum.conf.

I know that this has been my baby from the start, but I'm up for some
idea's if anyone has any.  Especially using yum 2.4, that has all sorts
of options, there is probrubly some better ways of doing things.

There is one feature that has to remain the same. It must exclude
kernel*, openafs*, and GFS*.  Those have always been excluded from
automatic updates, and I would like to keep it that way.

Thanks
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468