SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:13:06 -0500
Stephen Hawking wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have just installed Scientific Linux 4.1 today.Can someone tell me
> how I can install packages about science and such stuff?
> I'll be quite happy if you give me a beginner's guide :)
> Regards,

Hi,
Just put up in the FAQ
https://www.scientificlinux.org/documentation/faq/general1

Q. Where are all the 'science' programs?
Q. Is Scientific Linux better for scientific applications?

A. This linux distribution is called Scientific Linux because it is made
by scientific labs, for scientific labs and universities. It is not
named Scientific Linux because it has the largest collection of
scientific programs. It was named back when it was small, and only the
scientific labs were using it.

BUT

If there is something specific that you are looking for, I'm pretty sure
it can be found.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468