SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:41:24 -0500
Daniel Pfenniger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have InfiniBand network cards which work with proprietary kernel
> modules compiled for specific RHEL and Suse kernels.  Does anyone know
> if it is possible to use and legal to download a RHEL 4 binary kernel
> on SL 4.1 ?
>
>     Dan

Hi Dan
There *should* be no differences between the S.L. kernel and RHEL's
kernel.  If there are, we'd like to know, so we can either fix it, or
put it in the notes.

Where can you download one built by redhat?  I really don't know.
Would it be legal to use it?  You'd have to ask RedHat.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468