SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:16:48 -0500
Hello,
We cannot change the md5sum ... because they are correct.
Here is the output from ftp.scientificlinux.org

# md5sum SL.305.072605.i386.disc1.iso
a031f04f101f5e627cc95350d2d008a1  SL.305.072605.i386.disc1.iso
#

I'm sorry your having trouble downloading.

The CD check also isn't automatic, it asks you if you want to do it, so
I'm not quite sure what you are meaning by this.  I think it's a good
thing.
Just as some people might get a bit or two mixed up in downloading, not
all CD's get all the bits right either.
Not all CD media is created equal.  There is alot that just plain will
not burn a full 700 Meg cd, no matter what it says on the label.
Not all CD burners are created equal either.  I've had a couple that
gradually died, and it was these checks that brought it to my attention.

Troy