SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2005

From:
Sven Sternberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sven Sternberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:24:36 +0200
Hello!

so I recently had the same problem. The solution is on 64bit systems
very easy.

fdisk only support 2tb partion tables. you have to utilize
the program "parted" which allows you to create an
"gpt" label (label is the name for the partition table). and then
you can define partions with more than 2tb.

another way is to use the whole disk as one filesystem, without
any partition tables

hope it helped!

sven