SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

July 2005

From:
Axel Thimm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:36:37 +0200
On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 03:43:51PM -0500, Troy Dawson wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 03:12:44PM -0500, Troy Dawson wrote:
> >>Axel Thimm wrote:
> >>On a related note.  It looks like you are still moving things around,
> >>but where do you see the S.L. 3.x and 4.x compatible atrpms ending up
> >>at?  To me they look like they are at
> >>
> >>http://dl.atrpms.net/el3-i386/atrpms/
> >>
> >>and their comparable arch and distro places.  Is this where we should
> >>mirror?  Or do you see them changing to a different places such as
> >>
> >>http://dl.atrpms.net/sl3-i386/atrpms/
> >

> >Yes, you are right. The proper thing to do is to keep them under both
> >(a hardlinked copy) to allow mirrorers to pick the desired distros
> >easier instead of hunting them through the layout.

> Yes, I think the layout makes sense.
> I think I'll just hold off on mirroring it until your done with all the
> changes.

If had this fixed, all sl releated bits are under
http://dl.atrpms.net/sl*-*/

Currently all atrpms specific SL bits are identical to RHEL's. This
may change in the future, if SL requires any different support than
RHEL, for example different config rpms.

The default config for apt/smart/yum/up2date points to the SL repos
for vendor release and updates bits, even for the pure RHEL
systems. Since there are no public RHEL vendor repos, RHEL users will
need to either change to config files to their locally generated
repos, or use the depsolver against a public rebuild distribution.

I saw ATrpms being mentioned on the repo site, thanks. Could you
change the URLs? apt.atrpms.net is deprecated:

S.L. 3.0.x: http://atrpms.net/dist/el3/ (browse through packages)
	    http://dl.atrpms.net/sl3-i386/atrpms/ (apt/yum repo for ia32)
	    http://dl.atrpms.net/sl3-x86_64/atrpms/ (apt/yum repo for x86_64)
S.L. 4.x:   http://atrpms.net/dist/el4/ (browse through packages)