SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:36:59 -0500
Benjamin Sher wrote:
> Dear friends:
>
> I've run into my first serious error. I tried to add some programs.
> After checking off the items I wanted, I clicked OK and Update, but it
> kept bringing up an error message and telling me that it will shut down.
> I tried it again with just a few packages. Again, it failed. What do you
> think is going on?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Benjamin

If you are talking about the "Add/Remove Applications" section in the
menu, then you are correct.  This is a RedHat application, that
unfortunatly other applications keep sucking into the release.  It is
documented in the release notes that it doesn't work.

If you are talking about some other application, please let us know in
more detail what it is.

Thanks
Troy

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468