SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2005

From:
Benjamin Sher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Benjamin Sher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 04:54:47 -0500
Dear friends:

Took a long time to download the four CD's. But it was worth it all.

I take off my hat to Scientific Linux. I am speaking as someone who,
though a layman, ran Mandrake Linux for two years and Xandros for one
year. Those are great

Linux distros but nothing comes close to the professionalism of
Scientific Linux. I am honored to have been permitted to use it. Bravo!

The installation was perfect. The Anaconda Installer is excellent. I
chose Custom Install and added KDE, etc. Very pleased indeed!

Finally, I want to thank your team for their attention to the aesthetic
aspect of things. It may not seem important, but when you are booting
and using your computer day in and day out, you want to enjoy the
experience on every level, including that of design.

I am now ready to enjoy my SL system.

EXCEPT for one question: I installed KDE. It's there under Applications.
But how do I switch to KDE? And how do I set it as the default desktop?
I have looked in the Gnome menu but have not figured this out yet. Hope
someone can enlighten me.

Thanks so much to the SL team!

Benjamin