SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2005

From:
Filippo Cattaneo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:40:09 +0200
I am not at all familiar with the Redhat galaxy,
and wonder which manual is best for general SL reference.

As an example: I thought had to rerun the video install
as X crashed on login, and tried both of these:

	redhat-config-xfree86   (RHEL)

	system-config-display   (Fedora)

The latter worked.  Although SL is RHEL based,
it looks as if e.g. vendor cleansing put at least some
Fedora language in it.

Beyond manpages and other onboard documentation,
where should we go for a general reference manual, website,
or whatever, that most closely matches SL?

TIA!

Filippo Cattaneo
http://filippo.ru.ru