SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2005

From:
Perret Yannick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:22:18 +0200
Hi,

sabah wrote:

>   Dear All,
>	Is there an easy way to install the following using
>   yum for SL3?
>1-
> 	 latex2e
> 	 jpeg2eps
>  	 jpeg2ps
> 	  gif2ps
>  	 gif2eps
>	 mozilla-plugin

Hum... latex is 'tetex', I think.
And gif related packages are not present
if I remember well, due to copyright problems.

>2-
>	a- CERNLIB
> 		If I used "yum install cernlib"
>		the installated dir go to
>        	/usr/cernlib.
>		Is the away where the installed dir go to
>		/cern?
>	b- root
>		If I used "yum install root"
>		I wish to get it install in
>		"/cern/root"
>		What do I need to do to get this done?

Well, cernlib and in general cern related stuff are not specificaly
managed by SL, as far as I can tell.
You maybe should try to contact the team that manage the
SLC (CERN-SL) to get precisions about CERN related installations.

For the /usr/cernlib instead of /cern, you can still create a symlink :o)

Regards,
--
Yannick