SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2005

From:
Brian McGonagill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:40:55 -0500
I'm fairly new to the use of fermi scientific linux, and am trying to
figure out how to bur the 766 MB iso of disc 1 version 4.0 to a CD that
is only 700 MB.

I was able to get the iso to burn to a DVD, but after setting all
necessary settings for the install process, and allowing it to prepare
for install, the computer requested disc 2 without having installed
anything from disc one.  Then it requested disc one again without
installing from disc 2.  This pattern continued for about 5 minutes,
until it finally stated that it could not find the necessary files, i
believe on disc 1, to complete the install process.

I burned all iso's to DVD for my second attempt, and it stated that it
could not read the information from the DVD format, though it went
through the preliminary setup steps with no problem.

Brian McGonagill
TTU Physics Dept.