SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2005

From:
Taeyoung Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Taeyoung Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:20:48 -0500
Hi,
Plz, anyone help me.

Lately I tried to install our 64-nodes cluster with SL-3.0.4.
I set up the dhcp, xinetd/tftp, kickstart config file, SL install
directory tree and kernel image(vmlinuz, initrd.img)of PXEboot to use
automatic kickstart over NFS.

Everything is O.K until the installation of the RPM packages started.
At that time, log message(Alt-F3) says "nfs not responding".
Before that time, getting IP address and boot kernel Image, anaconda's
automatic setup for keyboard, language, dependency check for packages to
install, file system partitioning normally work.

When I try to nfs-mount manually(using Alt-F2) that server, It works
properly and shows the install directory trees.

I don't know what the problem is.
/etc/hosts.allow file permits all services of the cluster subnet.

The following is install directory tree and the kickstart file:
[newbie@testbed tftpboot]$ cat kickstart/ks.cfg
lang en_US
langsupport --default en_US en_US
keyboard us
mouse none
timezone Asia/Tokyo
rootpw --iscrypted *************

text
install
nfs --server=192.168.0.2 --dir=/tftpboot/linux-install

bootloader --location=mbr

zerombr yes
clearpart --all --initlabel
part /boot --fstype ext3 --size 128