SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2005

From:
Benjamin Sher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Benjamin Sher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:11:23 -0500
Dear friends:

Here is an update on my audio issue:

Since I installed mplayer and its mplayerplug-in, I am able to hear and view
embedded Windows Media Player and Quicktime broadcasts on the Net. So, I wnet
to one of my usual web sites and was able to play the WMP audio by using
Mplayer Plugin. It plays fine. The site also has a RealPlayer feed, but Helix
won't play it. I then went to Quicktime and tested the latest movie trailers.
The video was excellent but the audio was missing. I'll deal with that
specific issue by writing to the author.

However, my CD won't play either in KSCD or in XMMS. So, there is something
wrong in some configuration.

Would appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Benjamin