SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:14:16 -0500
Troy Dawson wrote:
> Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
>
>>> LSB Version: 1.3
>>> Distributor ID: Scientific Linux
>>> Release: 4.0
>>> Codename: Beryllium
>>>
>>> As a distributor, you are entitled/required to provide this file.
>>

>> Sorry, I was too fast there. The file /etc/lsb-release needs to
>> contain this:
>>
>> LSB_VERSION="1.3"
>> DISTRIB_ID="Scientific Linux"
>> DISTRIB_RELEASE="4.0"
>> DISTRIB_CODENAME="Beryllium"
>> DISTRIB_DESC="Scientific Linux SL release 4.0 (Beryllium)"
>>
>> so it can be sourced in a /bin/sh script.
>>
>> /Morten
>>

> OK, so we're going to do the change for sl-release 4.1, and 3.0.5.  And
> we were thinking of makeing a SL-lsb-fix (or something like that) for
> the older releases ... basically so that someone can add it or remove
> it, depending on if they have scripts depending on it or not.
>
> So for redhat-lsb, we also need to put the change above in?  Correct?
>
> Troy

So I've got sl-release fixed, and it will be going out in S.L. 4.1 beta
that should be out soon.
Looking at redhat-lsb, I see that they don't put anything in
/etc/lsb-release except the lsb version, so this isn't totally our
fault. ;)  But while I'm getting my fingers dirty with this ... do you
have a script or something that generates /etc/lsb-release correctly
from a correctly formated release file?

Troy

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468