SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:25:07 -0500
Jan Iven wrote:
> FYI
... snip...
> * GNOME/gconfd-2 can still cause an AFS Oops/panic thanks to the lock
> file creation/removal cycle. An slightly improved version of
> SL_startgnome_afs now tells all GNOME applications to use local lock
> files, before we only set things up for a full GNOME session.
> http://lxnfs6/cern/slc30X/updates/testing/i386/http://lxnfs6/cern/slc30X/updates/testing/i386/SL_startgnome_afs-1.1-1.noarch.rpm
> http://lxnfs6/cern/slc30X/updates/testing/SRPMS/SL_startgnome_afs-1.1-1.src.rpm

Hi Jan,
I'm having a horrible time with these gnome locks on S.L. 4.0 when my
home area is in AFS space.
I'm going to try the local locking scripts that you have, because they
are small and easy for me to figure out.
But the gnome-session part, do you think it will be compatible with S.L.
4.0, because it is using gnome 2.8?  Or do you think I should hold off
on that for right now?

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468