SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

May 2005

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 19:28:20 +0200
Hi Troy,

> Yep, we're working on it right now.  We hopefully will have a beta, that just
> has the newer rpm's in it, out sometime this week.  Though we probrubly won't
> release 305 until the first kernel update comes out.

Since it just happened, before you start building...

>> http://www-zeuthen.desy.de/~wiesand/SL3/openafs-1.2.13-15.15.SL.src.rpm
>>
>> or
>>
>> /afs/ifh.de/user/w/wiesand/public/www/SL3/openafs-1.2.13-15.15.SL.src.rpm
>>
>> It's based on the SRPM from SL3.0.4 (which seems not to be exactly the one
>> used for building the binary packages, but I think I recreated the few
>> missing changes).
>>

> Thanks.
> We'll see how Jarek feels.  He might have a change or two as well.  But
> unless he has some objections, I'll put this in the beta and we'll see how it
> shakes out.

...there's a 15.16 in the same place now. Nothing serious, just the
fileserver executables were missing in openafs-server.. ;-)

NB my first test servers are up and running. They work, but glibc detects
attempts to free invalid pointers upon start & stop ... I remember a
thread on the openafs mailing list and think the result was that it's
fixed in 1.3 now but wasn't too serious after all... let's hope I'm right.

Cheers,
  	Stephan

| Stephan Wiesand  |                                |
| DESY     - DV -  | phone  +49 33762 7 7370        |
| Platanenallee 6  | fax    +49 33762 7 7216        |
| 15738 Zeuthen    |                                |
| Germany          |                                |