SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:52:56 -0500
Mark,
If you are going to have them done 'interactively', then just leave
those parts out of the kickstart.  The installer will prompt during
those parts.
And actually, sound is done during 'firstboot' not during the install,
so doing it during the post install script really has to be either done
totally, or not at all, durint the post scripts.  Unless someone has a
way to get the kickstart scripts to pop up windows, which I've never seen.

Troy

Mark Nelson wrote:
> Hello
>

> I'm trying to set up a kickstart file for our machines here, what I
> would like to do is have the following services configured interactivley
> as part of the post install of the kickstart -

> Sound
> Mouse
>
> As these are the three components that are different on each machine.
>
> Mark.

> Mark Nelson - [log in to unmask]
>
> IPPP, Department of Physics, University of Durham,
> Science Laborartories, South Road, Durham, DH1 3LE
> Office: +44 (0)191 334 3811, Direct Dial: +44 (0)191 334 3653
>
> This mail is for the addressee only

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468