SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2005

From:
Matteo Alfonsi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matteo Alfonsi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:25:01 +0200
Hi Connie Sieh,

Which one of the following process do i have to kill?
(result of "ps -fu root |grep yum")

1) /bin/sh /etc/cron.daily/yum.cron

2) awk -v progname=/etc/cron.daily/yum.cron
        progname {?????   print progname ":\n"?????   progname="";????

3) /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/yum -c /tmp/yum.temp.config
        -t -e 0 -d 1 -y update

Then i should use "yum list" to get the list of installable package, find
inside the list the rpm of X11-devel and install it with "yum install
PACKAGE_NAME". Is it all right? Will dependances automatically installed?

Thank you again

Matteo Alfonsi