SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2005

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:13:43 -0500
Sven,

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Sven Sternberger wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I try to customize the default packages installed on SL
> in a network installation. I already created a directory
> under sites and edited comp.xml.main. Then I run

Your sites/<site>/base directory should look something like this

comps.rpm  comps.xml.main  hdlist2     netstg2.img  pkgorder  stage2.img
comps.xml  hdlist          hdstg2.img  oldcomps     scripts   updates.img

> cp.comps.xml.main.sh, but I still get the same packages installed.

So I just modify comps.xml.main from "here" and run

sh scripts/cp.comps.xml.main.sh

Note that cp.comps.xml.main.sh asks if what you want to do is ok.  If you
respond with a y then it copies comps.xml over to oldcomps and copies
comps.xml.main as comps.xml

> regards!

What version is this?

If you are still having problems after this explanation can you send me
the contents of /tmp/comps.test

script /tmp/comps.test
sh scripts/cp.comps.xml.main.sh
exit