SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 09:46:49 -0600
Green wrote:
> Hello,
>
> People can find an introduction page of Scientific Linux
> at http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=fermi

No, People can find an introduction page to Scientific Linux at
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=scientific

> Also,
> "Fermi Linux" is listed in Top 5 RHEL-based distributions
> at http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=major
>
> I pointed out this once to http://distrowatch.com/ ,
> but it seems your responsibility to formally notify
> a name and site changes to DistroWatch, which would
> help many people new to Scientific Linux.
>
> Best Regards.

Well the problem is that Fermi Linux is still a viable area.  It's just
that it's really for Fermilab people and their affilicates.
I just really wish that it wasn't up there in the top 5.  Also on the
list of RHEL based distro's, Fermi comes before Scientific, so people
get to it first then as well.

I'll e-mail the distrowatch fellows and ask them to change the
description as well as put some pointers over to the scientific side.
And maybe reset it's counter so that it isn't up so high.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468