SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2005

From:
Kevin Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:00:52 -0600
Stephan Wiesand wrote:
> Hi Troy,
>
>> I have compiled it on x86_64, and it compiled fine.
>> I wasn't able to actually test in on the machine because it was busy
>> doing work, and I wasn't feeling brave enough.  But I bet it will work :)
>

> I wouldn't have, but yes, it does :)
>
> (I became impatient and installed CentOS4rc1 today ;-)
>
> Read/write/stop/aklog all work, on SMP and UP (hardware is very similar
> to the one I run the x86 version on).
>
> On x86_64, I currently see some 4 seconds (!) delay when running aklog,
> and 19 (!!) seconds for klog, while kinit is as fast as usual), but they
> succeeds reliably. The kerberos setup is extremely preliminary, maybe
> that's the reason.
>

> I also tried your i386/i686 build today, and it behaves exactly the same
> as mine. Meanwhile Andrei also confirmed still seeing the UP problem on
> openafs-info, so it probably does exist and is not specific to our
> packages.

Hi,
I just did a clean install of SL 40rolling and installed Troys rpms, and
its still hanging for me on my first write. This is on a single i686.

As was mentioned earlier for others things seem to work after I do an
interrupt/continue with gdb on the process that hangs doing the first write.

Also, probably not related, but I'm getting the following error when I
log in:
Mar  2 12:42:06 superglide login[2420]: pam_krb5[2420]: got error -1
(Unknown code ____ 255) while obtaining tokens for dynroot

It never does get tokens until I run aklog. I don't see a significant
delay with aklog, but it takes 30-60 seconds to log on. I'm assuming
pam_krb5 might be trying to do k524?
I get the same error with my cell name if I add a cellname to my pam.d file.

-kevin