SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2005

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:16:57 +0100
Hi Troy,

> I have compiled it on x86_64, and it compiled fine.
> I wasn't able to actually test in on the machine because it was busy doing
> work, and I wasn't feeling brave enough.  But I bet it will work :)

I wouldn't have, but yes, it does :)

(I became impatient and installed CentOS4rc1 today ;-)

Read/write/stop/aklog all work, on SMP and UP (hardware is very similar to
the one I run the x86 version on).

On x86_64, I currently see some 4 seconds (!) delay when running
aklog, and 19 (!!) seconds for klog, while kinit is as fast as usual),
but they succeeds reliably. The kerberos setup is extremely preliminary,
maybe that's the reason.

I also tried your i386/i686 build today, and it behaves exactly the same
as mine. Meanwhile Andrei also confirmed still seeing the UP problem on
openafs-info, so it probably does exist and is not specific to our
packages.

Cheers,
  	Stephan

| Stephan Wiesand  |                                |
| DESY     - DV -  | phone  +49 33762 7 7370        |
| Platanenallee 6  | fax    +49 33762 7 7216        |
| 15738 Zeuthen    |                                |
| Germany          |                                |