SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:12:02 -0600
Erik Williamson wrote:
> Me too, I'd love to help.  I'll be doing a rather large deployment, so
> at the very least I can help with testing/QA.  Please let me know what I
> can do.
>
> Along these lines, Thanks for getting 40rolling out so quickly - How is
> it coming along?  On the 3 machines I've installed it on, all have been
> working without issue, and I love the gdm login screen...
>
> Thanks,
> Erik.
>
> Axel Thimm wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there any task list one could pick something from? I have i386 and
>> x86_64 platforms to build/test on.

OK, this is the list that I know of.  Connie might have some more.  I
really need to get this up on the web server, maybe as a forum, or
checklist or something.  I really haven't been using the full potential
of a plone site.

Documentation
   How to sign RPM's so we can put them in contrib and/or the main release.
   Installing
   Various How-To's

Graphics
   New Logo and corresponding graphics - Bill Somsky

RPMS
   openafs - Jarek, Stephan, Troy
   kernel modules
   mp3 stuff - which to put in, and from where
   scientific stuff (root, scipython, etc ...) - We have a couple of
people willing to contribute and maintine these.  Need to get rpm
signing procedures setup to make this possible.

Testing
   i686, x86_64 (comming soon)
   centrino

Discussion
   kernel-module naming - keep it the same or follow fedora-extra's lead.
   yum.cron - keep it the same or redo it?

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468