SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2004

Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:40:43 -0500
Hi Perret and Martin,

We installed SL3.02 on Nocona systems (Supermicro MB).
When the BIOS options were default, it worked fine.  But when
we tried changing some options (turn of power saving, etc...)
it would reboot as you described.  So if you changed the BIOS
settings, this is a possibility.  We also have to use
the non-smp kernel, otherwise same problem.

On these machines, we have upgraded to 3.03, no problems.

Eric