SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2004

Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 09:34:50 -0600
I have a relatively fresh install of SL 3.0.2 but am unable to update it
using apt. Running "apt-get update" gives me the following error:

  Release file did not contain checksum information

I searched the list archives and noticed a post from Jul 11 indicating that
someone else also had this problem. Was it ever fixed? If it was, it appears
that it is either broken again. According to the Jul 11 post, it appears
that this is a server problem:

  Some googling indicates this is a server side problem and I have no
  control over it. I would prefer that apt have the checksums in order
  to ensure package integrity.

TIA for any help on this matter.