SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2004

Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:43:30 -0500
Hi Connie,

It's always been that way.  As far back as RedHat 7.  Beyond that, I don't
know because I used to use Slackware.  If you look at the
glibc-kernheaders version number, you'll see they don't even match the
initial kernel that comes with that distribution.  Not your fault.
RedHat's been doing this since I started using RedHat many moons ago.

Ken

PS. Btw, when is RedHat Enterprise going to the 2.6 kernel?  I had to put
Fedora Core 2 on a new laptop.  Much to my dislike.  But I needed some new
drivers.