SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2004

From:
"Alan J. Flavell" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan J. Flavell
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:04:45 +0100
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, csieh wrote:

> What do you mean by kernel development rpms.

I mean that when I did the original 301 install, I went to the custom
selection and I checked the box for the kernel development group.
This was chiefly so that I could build kernel-modules (I wasn't really
planning on building custom kernels, but you never know...)

> I assume you mean kernel-source .  Did you have kernel-source
> installed before and do you have it installed now.

That's right.  (I've responded to Troy now, and I'll report on
anything useful that comes up).

many thanks.