SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2004

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:36:51 -0500
Hello,

This message is for those that are mirroring the scientific linux area.
  For those that arn't, you don't need to read further, you shouldn't
notice anything.
Since some people are mirroring via ftp, this was the only way we felt
we could reach all the right people.

Do to the nature of our releases, there is alot of duplicate packages on
the ftp server.  After a while, this builds up, and needs to be looked
at.  There are so many things that go on with a server, that we can't
just make everything links, it would potentially break too many programs
or types of accesses.
But we have found some directories, that are pretty much duplicates of
one another, and are not normally accessed, and we feel that we can
safely make the following changes.

remove 301/SRPMS/ and link it to 302/SRPMS/
remove 301/i386/errata/obsolete/ and link it to 302/i386/errata/obsolete/
remove 301/i386/errata/debuginfo/ and link it to 302/i386/errata/debuginfo/

I hope this helps ya'll save space on your servers.  We plan on doing
something similar when the 303 release is released.

Troy

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468