SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

September 2004

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:41:59 -0500
Hi,
Many of you have joined this list and asked what you could do to help,
but we hadn't really had a mechanism to coordinate the efforts.  We've
picked a plone server as our web server because of it's ability to
provide some coordination tools.

Right now we would like some assistance in the following area's.
--------
Documentation
  reviewers - (check the current web pages/documentation)
  Known Hardware Compatibility  - (a section we'd like to make)
  how-to's
    wireless-G (anyone out there that is good with wireless)
    afs  (Troy will write this if he has time, but wouldn't mind help)
    <something you know how to do> (Please limit it to doing something
with S.L.)

Plone Server Consultation
  Make the bug tracker look nicer.  (Troy knows what to do, but if
someone already had the XML..)
  Plug-in's (got a good plone plugin that would help the site)

Development
  Contrib section  (develop and maintain those neat rpm's not included
officially with the release)
  Testers  (always needed)
  Research why certain source rpm's don't recompile  (Connie can get the
list)
I'm sure there is more area's, but that is just for starters.
If you'd like to help.  Please make an account for yourself on
www.scientificlinux.org, and then let us know what you'd like to help
with.  We'll get the appropriate permissions set on the server.

Many thanks
Troy & Connie

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468