SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2004

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 12:25:59 -0500
Connie Sieh wrote:
> Troy,
>
> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Troy Dawson wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>Well, here's the "works for me".
>>I am logging in via ssh.  But it is the kerberized openssh that we have in
>>contrib, not the plain openssh that normally comes with redhat (and hense
>>scientific linux).  Other that the openssh, we found that we didn't need any
>>other changes to get both kerberos tickets and afs tokens.
>>
>># rpm -qa | grep openssh
>>openssh-3.6.1p2-33.30.1gss
>>openssh-clients-3.6.1p2-33.30.1gss
>>openssh-server-3.6.1p2-33.30.1gss
>

> But that openssh is neither the Fermi one or the "redhat" one,  is'nt it
> the one you rebuilt that has real kerberos support?
>
> -Connie Sieh

This openssh is really just redhat's, but recompiled with the name gss.  If
you look through their spec file, if you just change the name to what I have
it, it changes the options in the spec file so that it has the kerberos
gassapi authentication.

So, the answer is yes and no.

Yes, this is the openssh source straight from redhat.  But no, it is compiled
so that the binaries are different than what you get straight from redhat..

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468