SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2004

Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:25:21 -0500
Ken,

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Ken Teh wrote:

> I just downloaded and installed a 301 machine.  Questions...for now,

Note that 302 is now available .  (It is same as 301 but with all the
errata already in the main tree)

> (1) What's the purpose of the addons directory in the 301/errata tree?  In
> the cron.daily/yum.cron, it's set to install stuff from addons.

In the past it was to install rpms on all systems.  It is obsolete or soon
will be.

> (2) disc1.iso is not a bootable image.  Is that intentional?

Should be.

> Thanks! Ken
>
> p.s.  I want you to know I appreciate your efforts.  I tried to raise
> interest here at ANL about rolling our own distro after RedHat decided to go
> Enterprise.  In fact, if you need help, I'd like to pitch in.

Thanks for offering to help.  Can you please subscribe to the
[log in to unmask] mailing list if you have not already done
so.

-connie sieh