SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

July 2004

From:
"Shawn M. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shawn M. Jones
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 00:36:06 -0400
Greetings,

I was wondering what the process was for adding packages for Scientific
Linux.  Specifically, I'm looking for gvim, which was included in Red
Hat 9 and Fedora, but Red Hat Enterprise fails to provide (hence SL
doesn't provide it).

I can create the packages if so needed for this distribution, if y'all
would prefer.  I'm probably going to do so anyway as I prefer to keep
all installed software in the rpm database.

So, how do I go about getting it added?

Sincerely,

Shawn M. Jones