SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

July 2004

From:
David Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:22:40 -0500
I have been in contact with Tyan on the same issue with an S2875 (also SiI
3114) with Tao Linux.

There's no open source driver from Silicon Image.

However, there is some good information at

http://www.linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html

which indicates that patches are available going back to 2.4.21.

Dave Thompson  <[log in to unmask]>

Associate Researcher                    Department of Computer Science
University of Wisconsin-Madison         http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~thomas
1210 West Dayton Street                 Phone:    (608)-262-1017
Madison, WI 53706-1685                  Fax:      (608)-262-6626