SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

July 2004

From:
Daniel Widyono <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Widyono <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 19:59:56 -0400
> I was wondering what the process was for adding packages for Scientific
> Linux.  Specifically, I'm looking for gvim, which was included in Red
> Hat 9 and Fedora, but Red Hat Enterprise fails to provide (hence SL
> doesn't provide it).

Specifically for gvim, you have to edit the .spec file for vim to always
compile the graphical version.  It's already in the package.

I can't speak to adding rpm's to SL.

Dan W.
--
-- Daniel Widyono                      http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~widyono
-- Liniac Project,     CIS Dept.,    SEAS,    University of Pennsylvania