SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

May 2004

Date:
Tue, 4 May 2004 13:58:05 -0500
Kerry,

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Kerry Cox wrote:

> So, can we assume then that the web page will be updated as well by next
> week?
> Should I tell my fellow associates to hold off on downloading this
> version until the final SL release is available? I assume the
> differences will be minor....

I really expect so.

> It's always nice to have beta testers trying out new release candicates,
> but should I advise them to wait before installing SL on a production
> box? Will there be that much difference? The yum.conf file should be a

I really do not have any plans on changing things other than documentation
unless we find something really important to fix.

The yum.conf file already points to the sl301 area vs sl30rolling.  We did
this as we learning in the past that the last release candidate should
really have all the changes made so as to minimize last minute mistakes.

-Connie Sieh