SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2005

From:
Andrew Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:25:01 -0500
Hi Kim,

I have this set up and working, though not on a SL box.  I think the distro
does not matter however.  What you need is an entry in /etc/apache/ssl.conf
(or where ever SL stashes the file) that looks like:

<Directory "/var/www/htdocs/squirrelmail-1.4.4">
    SSLRequireSSL
    Options Indexes
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Of course you need to point the directory to your squirrelmail tree, and
have things like mod_ssl installed.  You do not need to modify anything in
the SM conf.pl file for this to work.

I can tell you more about my setup if you need it...

Cheers,
-Andy

At 05:22 PM 3/29/2005, you wrote:
>Hi Folks, I wasn't able to reconfigure sl301 squirrelmail to use the https
>port ... any help would be appreciated. Thanks Kim
>
>Ps There didn't seem to be an option in conf.pl even when I made
>localhost:445 nor copying someone's else's apache.conf and cutting and
>pasting a redirect to my http.conf, etc nor reading the documentation ...
>cheers
>
>BNL - Physics Department

Andrew R. Cook                                            Phone (631) 344-4782
Brookhaven National Laboratory                              FAX (631) 344-5815
Chemistry Department, Bldg 555a, Rm 292                          [log in to unmask]
Upton, NY 11973-5000             http://www.chemistry.bnl.gov/~acook/cook.html