SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2005

From:
"Brent L. Bates" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brent L. Bates
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:23:45 -0400
     Never mind.  Sorry about the panic there.  We found another system here
with the same make and model SCSI controller, replaced it with the new card,
and the old system said there was no card installed.  Put the old card in the
new system and the new system sees the card fine.  We have decided that the
new card is bad.
     The confusing part was that our tech. people put the new card in a PC
running Windbloze, the BIOS didn't see it, but after boot up, the system sort
of saw the card and asked about installing drivers.  They didn't test any
farther than that.
     Thanks for all the reply's and sorry again for the false alarm.