SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2011

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2011 09:35:55 -0700
On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 2:45 AM, Adam Bishop <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> I am attempting to install SL 6.1 on a UEFI-capable machine, however it is not booting the DVD.
>
> Checking the installation media, there is a /EFI/BOOT/ folder, but it does not contain a BOOTX64.EFI file as required.
>
> I'm struggling to find documentation on this (even from TUV), so does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

I can confirm that the BOOTX64.EFI file is not on the installation
media. To get around the issue for now, you might want to try the
procedure documented here:

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Installation_Guide/index.html#Making_Minimal_Boot_Media-UEFI

I don't have UEFI-capable hardware, so cannot test myself.

Akemi