SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2005

From:
BT Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:15:42 +0800
Dear All

I search all scientific linux mailing list.
It seems to be similar problems what we have.

Should I upgrade all SL 4.0 default kernel to new one ?

--
Regards
Blade Tank Administrator

=====================================================================================================
CPU: AMD 1.8 opteron (Single)
iptables v1.2.11 & 2.6.9-5.0.5.ELsmp Scientific Linux SL Release 4.0 (Beryllium)

iptables version:
iptables -V
iptables v1.2.11

kernel version:
2.6.9-5.0.5.ELsmp

It is hanging when I do
/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p ALL -i lo -s 127.0.0.1 -j ACCEPT

After yum update,
kernel upgrade to 2.6.9-11.ELsmp then ok

=====================================================================================================
[root@gw boot]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ipt_REJECT              8641  1
ipt_state               3265  5
ipt_limit               3905  3
ipt_LOG                 8257  4
iptable_nat            30461  0
iptable_mangle          4289  0
iptable_filter          4417  1
ip_conntrack           53657  2 ipt_state,iptable_nat
ip_tables              20289  7 ipt_REJECT,ipt_state,ipt_limit,ipt_LOG,iptable_nat,iptable_mangle,iptable_filter
md5                     5697  1
ipv6                  281121  12
autofs4                23241  0
i2c_dev                13633  0
i2c_core               28481  1 i2c_dev
sunrpc                169913  1
ds                     21449  0
yenta_socket           22977  0
pcmcia_core            69329  2 ds,yenta_socket
dm_mod                 65921  0
button                  9057  0
battery                11209  0
ac                      6729  0
ohci_hcd               24273  0
uhci_hcd               34665  0
ehci_hcd               33349  0
e1000                  95397  0
floppy                 65809  0
ext3                  137425  5
jbd                    68849  1 ext3
sata_sil               11205  6
libata                 53769  1 sata_sil
sd_mod                 19393  8
scsi_mod              140049  2 libata,sd_mod

Gregory Harris ´£¨ì: