SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2005

From:
Luke Scharf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luke Scharf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:42:49 -0500
On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 15:33, Miles O'Neal wrote:
> This about sums it up for me.  We use a lot of our
> own software, which can be ported to whatever
> release we like, but we also use CAD tools that
> cost thousands (sometimes many) of dollars per seat.

I'd love to migrate some of our student computer labs to Linux, but one
of the applications that they require is AutoCad -- and AutoCad only
runs on Windows these days.

Do you have a recommendation for a mechanical CAD system that runs on
Linux?  Preferably one that can be used folks who have been trained to
use AutoCad and who use AutoCad on their personal laptops.

Thanks,
-Luke

--
Luke Scharf, Systems Administrator
Virginia Tech Aerospace and Ocean Engineering