SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2011

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2011 11:27:11 -0800
On 11/09/2011 09:56 AM, Andreas Petzold wrote:
[snip]

> You've gotten very far! All dependencies of your bakoma rpm can be satisfied
> with rpms from enabled yum repos. But: yum complains that the i686 version of
> the package is not the same version as the x86_64 package. Why that is the
> case I don't know. There are a number of possible reasons (different
> repositories, broken mirrors, packaging errors, ....). I guess that's a
> question to Connie and Pat. I'm not sure that there is an explicit rule that
> 32bit and 64bit rpms have to be the same version in a multilib repo, but
> that's usually what a user and yum expects.
>
> You can disable this check in yum by using the option
> --setopt=protected_multilib=false or by adding "protected_multilib=false" to
> yum.conf. I don't recommend doing this, as you do seem to be a novice user of
> yum and rpm.

I have done a brief perusal of

http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Guides

Is there BNF or syntax charts available for yum?  I have found none,
with the only option thereby being to peruse the source code.  I have
done some reading in the guides, but these do not seem particularly well
presented.

Is the EL N (in this case N = 6 ) implementation of yum conforming to
the material in the above Guides?

[snip]

Regards,

Yasha Karant