SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2004

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 08:38:36 -0500
Hi,
This problem has been fixed in the yum in S.L. 303.
Currently there are two ways to fix it, either with do, but one is a
more permanent fix.

1 - (will always work, but will have to do it each time you update your
kernel)

   rpm -q kernel kernel-smp
   yum list "kernel-module-openafs*"

then do a
   yum install kernel-module-openafs-<kernel version>
for each kernel you have.

2 - (will get the right kernel modules each time you update your kernel)

   rpm -Uvh
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/303/i386/SL/RPMS/yum-2.0.7-7.SL.noarch.rpm
   yum update

Troy

Bly, MJ (Martin) wrote:
> This is a known problem with yum and its failure to understand the naming
> convention for the kernel/afs module RPM.  There's a fixed one (yum)
> somewhere in the SL302 tree (contrib/RPMS).   Worked for me when I had the
> same problem.
>
> Martin.

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468