SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2007

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 16:20:51 +0200
Folks,

is anyone else having trouble with e1000 NICs under the latest kernel?

On both of our Dell 1850 we have tried it on yet, we observe that it takes
O(1 min) after bringing up the interface during boot until it actually
works. It's longer than the ypbind timeout to find a NIS server.
Consequently, all kinds of things supposed to run during bootup fail,
incuding of course starting the AFS client.

Both machines are on 3.0.8, one of them is i686, the other one ia32e.

Both work perfectly fine with 2.4.21-47.0.1. I'm going to find out which
release acutally breaks it, but maybe someone out there already knows...

Has anyone observed (and maybe solved) similar problems with recent SL3
kernels?

Thanks,
  	Stephan

--