SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2005

From:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:42:46 -0500
We did a partial install of 304 onto a
pair of servers.  They're now in production,
and we need to add some packages.  I've been
trying to use redhat-config-packages.

When I try to add from CD, it doesn't seem
to know what CD anything is supposed to be
on, so it quickly dies when it can't install
a package that's on a different CD than the
one currently mounted.

I created a directory called LiveFS and
copied the contents of all four CDs into
it.  But when I try

   redhat-config-packages --tree=LiveFS

it complains that LiveFS doesn't look like
a valid installation source.  I also tried
the absolute path, LiveFs/SL and LiveFS/SL/RPMS.
I even tried changing SL to RedHat.  No dice.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Miles